Rose Township District No. 5 School is a former one-room schoolhouse located in Rose Township, Michigan. It was built in 1875 and served as a school for students in grades one through eight until it was closed in 1955 due to consolidation with other local schools.
The Lupton Schoolhouse was constructed from 1903–1904 and served Lupton as the Rose Township District No. 5 School. The two-room schoolhouse remained in operation until 1963. The site was dedicated as a Michigan State Historic Site on April 20, 1995.
Rose Township District No. 5 School
Located at 3668 Cherry St., Lupton, Rose Township – Lat: 44.43180500/Long: -84.02317700
During the 1903-04 school year Alexander Reid built this two-room school, known commonly as the Lupton Schoolhouse, on land donated by George T. Stanley. Reid had come to Lupton only four years before. The 1904-05 class consisted of ninety-eight children. Classes were held here until 1964. Since then it has served many community groups. In 1993 the Lupton Area Senior Citizens donated the building to the Bible Baptist Church for use as an educational and activities center.